|Position Chief Development Officer|
|FLSA Status Salary, Exempt|
|Reporting To President & CEO|
|Location Corporate Office- Houston|
*Salary is commensurate with experience
Purpose of Position
Our mission is to empower children who have faced abuse, neglect and hardships to take back their futures through our unique approach that focuses on providing them with a place in our residential community, a family-like structure and giving families a choice on how to move forward.
As Chief Development Officer (CDO) you will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Staff, Development Committee, and Board of Directors. You will formulate short- and long-term goals concerning the fundraising efforts of THFC. You will develop measurable strategies for meeting and exceeding the goals through grants, sponsorships, gifts, donations, and fundraising events. You will assure that the agency’s culture, systems and procedures support fund development. You direct marketing and communications planning and execution such that all initiatives inform agency priorities. You must demonstrate experience in managing and implementing a comprehensive fund development program by being a highly competent enabler of volunteers and staff. You will demonstrate exceptional skills as fundraising technician and organizational development specialist.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Facilitate the interaction of the CEO, development committee chair(s), chair of the governing board and staff to fulfill fund development roles and optimize interactions between staff and volunteers
- Raise awareness of and increase the exposure of our organizations mission within our community marketing, PR and communication and by making in person visits, speaking to corporations, foundations, churches, individuals and other organizations to develop relationships and secure new support
- As a member of the senior management team, help set the direction and ensures the health of the institution
- Discover new and potentially lucrative revenue streams for expansion of the organizations fundraising efforts
- Track revenue and fundraising trends to create future opportunities for expansion efforts and avoid any downtrends in individual, corporate or foundation gifts
- Cultivate and steward major donors
- Foster a culture of philanthropy and ensure that fund development is executed while keeping with the organization’s values, vision, and mission
- Maintain accountability and ensure compliance with all regulations and laws, as well as the code of ethics for fundraising professionals
- Ensure the integrity of the donor database and that it is fully utilized within the organization to optimize fundraising results and accurate reporting
- Translate broad goals into achievable steps. Help set and manage appropriate expectations. Handle detailed, complex concepts and problems and make rapid decisions regarding management and development issues. Plan and implement programs.
- Provide comprehensive reports to Board of Directors and Development Committee
- Other duties as assigned such as managing special events
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum seven (7) years of fundraising experience
- Must possess strong business knowledge and ability to think in a variety of business environments
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide variety of potential donors and supporters
- Must exercise exceptional time management skills and be able to meet fundraising deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill, with demonstrated capabilities delivering compelling presentations and proposals
- Must demonstrate knowledge of development strategies, social media campaigning, and public relations
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Professional) preferred
- Donor Database experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This is not a 9 to 5, Monday through Friday job. You will be required to answer phone calls, emails and attend events outside of the normal work hours. It is important that you research the guiding principles of THFC, to ensure that they line up with your own personal principals.
For more information or to apply, please click here.